Monday, September 5, 2011

Lindblom living

This past weekend we went camping... again. A practice that has become much more frequent now that our trailer is prepared for take off :) But this time the Johnsons were joined by parts of the Lindblom family! Hooray!! I have wanted my family to join us for such a long time!!!
We left the valley on Thursday so we could make sure we actually had a place to camp. We went up to Bear Canyon Lake & it was for sure a busy weekend!!!
To say my boys got dirty would be an understatement!!! Minus the deer in the headlights look, my boys had a look similar to this for most of the trip...
luckily, we have an awesome trailer with a bathroom & a tub so I can scrub those boys clean every night :)
Sean messing around with the boys
for some reason, Joey really liked this particular log. He went all over the place, but would always end up back here, climbing around.


Joey is definitely starting to try new things. He was walking all over the place- more frankenstein like than real walking. By the time he reached were the kids were all at playing, they were ready to move on & he would be left alone. Pathetic, & funny at the same time.

We got all clean & teeth brushed & all for the rest of the family to join us the next day!
Joe loved having Sean throw him up in the air!
the boys, out exploring.




On Friday night the Dillards, Nancie & Des all joined us :) Then next few days were spent eating, making smores, playing, playing lots of games.. & many drives to the bathroom.
the perfect marshmallow roasting stick.. for breakfast smores :)

all the boys + Kate (hey, that sounds like a tv show :) ) went to the lake to find crawdads & fish a little.
random picture in the wrong place of Joey hanging out at the tents :)











I could never fail to mention Roxy's newfound love.... Max. She tried to crawl into their tent every night & who found Roxy when she wandered too far? Max, of course :)
queen of the log
Sleeping on the way home.

we had such a great time & I'm so glad that our family was able to finally get together & enjoy the nice cool-er weather! The boys loved having other kids to play with, I loved having people who actually want to play games with me, & Sean liked having conversation with someone other than his girly wife :) Can't wait til the next time we can all do it!!!
ps- thank you JoDee for bringing a ginormous tub of licorice so that I could enjoy a nice 3 day sugar feed :)
pps- RANGO!

3 comments:

Queenacres said...

What great pictures and what great memories! Your babies are getting big, Julia!

kellibattraw said...

Too fun! I'm sure Aaron and the boys would love to part of that action, and I'd come along too. : ) At some point I'll have to suck it up and go camping with my family.

Julz said...

You guys are like pro campers! Looks like fun!