Today was a good day. When I was dating Sean, I loved how we always took little trips & did outdoorsy-type things. I'm glad that it hasn't stopped after marriage :)
Last night Sean started smoking this pork shoulder, one of his favorite past times!
He smoked it & then slow cooked it with pecan wood & it was amazing, as usual. We invited his sister to eat it with us.
This morning we found Joey chilling in his car with a bottle. Sean thought it was adorable & had to capture it.Why do I always think of Joey as this little tiny baby that dosn't walk around still? When he walks over to the car & opens the door & gets in, it just makes me laugh. Isn't he too little to do this still?? I love hearing little footsteps & expecting Sam to round the corner, only to see Joey waddling around.
So Sean & his sister decided we should eat our great smoked shoulder in cooler weather, & we took a little drive to picnic eat outdoors. I guess we didn't realize a storm was coming in! It hailed SO hard!! I thought for sure there would be damage! It looked like a winter wonderland & the temperature dropped at least 30 degrees in a matter of 10 minutes. there was this crazy fog all around us. It almost seemed like a dream.
Joe & Sam thought it was pretty much the most exciting thing ever!
Sam was running around & jumping up & down & laughing & giggling. It is so awesome to have little kids to remind me how fun the little things in life are!
We were enjoying the nice cooler weather earlier in the day when we heard this noise starting to come towards us. At first I thought it was a truck coming closer & then maybe even a storm starting to roll in. Then the noise came so fast & I looked up- there were 2 jets flying very fast & very low right overhead. The noise was so intense that Joey fell right onto his face & starting screaming. Sam & David were playing a little ways away & came running towards us crying. I have never heard something that intense! It was a crazy moment. It went as fast as it came & it took a good minute to calm the kids down. Weird!!!
Our boys are awfully lucky to have a dad who loves adventure :)
Knox is 6
6 years ago
1 comment:
Crazy!
Post a Comment