****warning******** venting will follow....
This morning I went to the post office to mail some baby shower invitations. I rarely mail anything, so I didn't have any stamps, & I didn't want a whole sheet, cause I don't use them enough & didn't have that many to mail. First of all, the post office on Center in Mesa is ALWAYS busy. It's ridiculous!!! So I waited to get my stamps. When I got to the front I put the letters on the counter & asked if I could pay for postage because I didn't want to buy a whole book of stamps. The postal worker looked at me like I asked him to pick my nose or something. He hemmed & hawed & looked over the letters & counted them & then pulled out some stamps. and I asked if there was a problem. He finally said- " so basically you just want me to put these stamps on your letters for you?" like this was the oddest request in the world. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure thats what postal employees do. Someone brings in a package or letter, they weigh it, type in the address where its going, a little sticker is printed out & then they put it on the package & off it goes. So what is the difference between the sticker that is printed out, & the stamp sticker off a sheet? I told him that I didn't expect him to put the stamps on ( I really didnt') I just wanted my letters mailed & to pay for them. So after inspecting my letters once again (they had a button on them, which really threw him for a loop), he kind of threw some stamps at me. I put the stamps on, payed for them, & gave them to the man to mail. I'm pretty sure that put me over the edge... I'm never going back to that post office again! Talk about a disgruntled employee!!!! Stupid man!
Knox is 6
6 years ago
6 comments:
sounds like he was having a bad day, or needs a new job. But hey, it makes for an interesting post though, doesn't it? That's how I like to look at life... all the annoying things that happen to me make goods stories later on. : P
Ya gotta love the PO. Imagine having government run health care!
I hate the post office. I never go. I always make someone go for me if I have to go, therefore, I don't have to go.
I never liked going to that post office. It's way too busy. I hate it when you ask someone to do their job and they act so inconvinced. That is what they're paid for...
The pictures of Sam in your last post are really cute. What a handsome boy :)
That is a stupid man! I hate it when people try to make you feel like the stupid one when they are the ones that should get a clue! Missing some brain cells there buddy? Be glad you don't live in Queen Creek where there is only one post office. The lines are always out the door!
Post a Comment