Thats what this week has been... in a nutshell-. Why is it that we wait until we're renting or selling our houses to make it look the best it ever has? Why don't we do that for ourselves?
Moving this last week has been evil. We started last Saturday & still have work to do. Once all the crap was gone, we had to clean, paint, weed, and repair everything imaginable. We're lucky to have a good friend with a trailer & a willingness to help us move the big stuff!!! Thanx Brandon :) We got the big stuff last weekend & have been at my parents since then. It's at this point when you realize how much "little" stuff you have & the getting rid of crap begins!... why do we have this? do you know what this is? where did this come from?
You'd think once the stuff was moved you would be in the clear zone.. but you'd be wrong! Then on top of all that, I got sick in the middle of it. Thursday- Saturday were filled with moving little stuff & CLEANING! Thanx a BAJILLION to Sean's fam for helping us do alot of the work!!!! Tif & Caio helped us paint a ton & clean a ton!! & did you know how much work is interrupted by a baby who can't tell you why exactly it is they are fussing? it helps alot to have someone willing io help take care of the baby too...(thanx Tif) & did you know how amazing oven cleaner is? Love that stuff! & Thanx to Seans mom, & Mark too for all the help cleaning!!
Here is Max & Tif painting grout lines.. glamorous work!! & thanx to Max (shown here in his Steelers attire) for mowing, pulling, grouting & dealing (with us).
At about 7 ish last night I declared that I would no longer be functional if I was to stay at our house cleaning... I offficially feel like a piece of crap!! & my head is about 70% full of gunk! So instead of staying until ridiculous hours of the night cleaning, we came home... Hallelujah! ... to another house full of boxes we must figure out where to put now. Yeah!!! Wahoo!!!
6 comments:
Moving is such a pain, but what a relief when you're done! Congrats! Oh, and I love the baby crack. : )
Julia, you really need to teach your baby to say no to crack...it's never too early. :)
My Buddy! i love it. I was beginning to think my husband and I were the only ones to remember what they were. And moving . . . holy cow. We've been married 5 1/2 years and have moved at least 4 times. I feel your pain. Good luck!
Ohhh man. I hate moving! And you're right, having a baby on top of it all definitely slows the process down. Gotta love 'em though! Oh and by the way, thanks for getting "My Big Sister and meeee!" stuck in my head for the rest of the day!!
Jules- that photo of Sammy and Sean is VERY reminescent of one of you and Dad- same positioning and everything- you should look thru your baby albums
Wendi
Wow! Sounds like you've been busy! Yes, mom's have to still be moms when we are sick! There are no "sick days"! But, I'm glad Sean helps you out!
Post a Comment