What a week!!! Sean & I celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary on Wednesday the 11th of February! Hard to believe that its been 4 years!! But look what we have now?! The cutest little Sammy ever!
We decided that we'd go out to dinner on our anniversary.. because we haven't been in a really long time, & since it was Valentines Day this week to, we picked one of the days to splurge. So we went to Carrabas- and Sam came with us. I had worked all day that day & didn't want to ask anyone to watch him cause I felt guilty. Oh well.. he's little enought that it wasn't too big a deal. We ordered, & I fed him while we were getting our food & then he slept. Nice :)
Then we came home & enjoyed a nice soda while sitting by the fire. Sam seemed to think that it was his soda.
Then on Friday Sam had his 4 month checkup at the doctor!!
He was 15.9 lbs (75%), 26 1/2 inches long (97%). Everything seems to be doing just fine. Sean was able to come with us & was most interested in knowing when Sam can have real food & what. I guess he can have rice cereal now. This week Sam has really started using his hands more. He is reaching out to hold on to things, & is actually holding onto a toy or two. Last Sunday I brought his picture book to church. He was looking at it during sacrament meeting & he seemed very frustrated that he couldn't get his little hands to turn the pages. He grabs his feet all the time now & is very interested in putting pretty much anything he can in his mouth. including my hands & fingers!This weekend we also started our family garden! Yay for gardens!! Sean has spent numerous amounts of phone calls to my dad to get advice. Sean has a very green thumb, so I'm excited I'm on a winning team. He's actually doing most the work to tell you the truth.. but look how excited I am!
Yeah, he weeded all the garden plots himself.. & look how excited he is!
We went to Harpers for seeds & plants & they were very knowledgable & very helpful as well!!
We got seeds or plantst to start...
several squashes, carrots, cucumber, okra, watermelon, pumkin, cantelope, strawberries, bell peppers, a few other peppers, tomatoes, corn.. I think thats it. Sean is concerned that we may not be able to plant them all... but I think we can make it work! I'm so excited to be able to eat all these fresh veggies!!! & also cook & puree them for Sam to enjoy :) I'm lucky I married such a hard worker!
Sam even got to get in on the gardening fun & learned the value of getting dirty!
Sam even got to get in on the gardening fun & learned the value of getting dirty!
This is the "greenhouse" Sean fashioned to get all the seeds started until it's warm enough outside to plant them in the ground. He's so resourseful!
Then of course yesterday was Valentines Day. We spent the day working on the house & garden & just being together. I never knew how happy I could be making a garden together. That sounds kind of cheesy, but it made us feel more like a little family.
Then Sean bbqued some nice meat & I made some rolls & baked potatoes & we had a candle lit dinner together at home... plus Sammy....
he sat up to the table on his bumbo & seemed very happy to be there.
Sean & Sam both got me a card! I got a card from Sam with a frog on it & his arms opened way up to show me how much he loves me & the inside said "Sammy loves mommy". It actually made me cry. What a great week! I've been so blessed in my life to have so much amazing love. I cannot wait to live the rest of my life with these 2 guys.. & maybe even more :)
4 comments:
What a fun week! Jon planted our garden yesterday too! I did not help, I was cleaning the inside of the house. He likes that kind of stuff anyway! Your Valentine's table is so fancy! Glad you had a good Valentine's Day!
sounds like you are one lucky lady!
I'm happy that you are so happy! I think it's funny that your child is in the 97% for height when mine has never gotten higher than the 60%! Hah! : )
4 Years WOW! I still remember that day because I got off work early:) Kidding! I did get off work early but I remember it because I was thinking how lucky Sean is to find such a wonderful women Congrats! Kaaryn (I put my name so you don't think Matt is hitting on you:)
Post a Comment