Monday, November 24, 2008

Jackadosis


Yes... I have been a brace face for 16 months now. Beautiful, huh? This picture was earlier this year.. when the rubber bands began. For those of you who don't know, I had braces when I was in high school as well. I truly believe that the orhtodontist that I saw didn't have a flipping clue what he was doing. Now, I will admit that I didn't wear retainers like I should have... but not enough to cause this! When I saw the orhtodontist for my consultation last summer he told me that in order to fully fix my bite he would have to break my jaw. I told him we should just see what we could accomplish without doing that!! He gave me an estimate of 15 months total. Well I saw him 2 weeks ago & he ordered another wire for me, put 3 other wires on & gave me 3 new places to wear rubber bands. I asked him to give it to me straight.. how much longer REALISTICALLY was I going to be in these things???? 6 months. I thought I was going to pass out.. I'm sorry- did you say 6 months?!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Ok... lets do it right.. if I'm going through it, I might as well do it right! So I made my next appointment..the day before my birthday. So my teeth would be nice & sore for my bday. They called me today & said the wires came in early & would I like to come in tomorrow? I said of course- the sooner this gets over the better. but now I will be slightly sore for Thanksgiving dinner... I guess I just can't win.
p.s. I havent mentioned to Sean that the braces wearing is going to be extended for so long... he thinks its any day now :(

3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Il bet he'll know now..

Wilkerson Family said...

I had braces on forever. I think it was like 5 years. The orthodontist was a perfectionist. I was so excited when they came off. At least you didn't have to have surgery and the end is in sight. Maybe a little farther than first thought, but in sight...

Sabes said...

Oh Julia...
:(