Friday, April 30, 2010

Growth

No, I'm not speaking of my growing belly...

There has been alot of growth around here though! Our cutie boy, for one. & the biggest growth of all... the garden!!! Totally stoked for the fruite of our (ok, mostly Seans ) labors!!
Sam loves to carry the little shovels around & pretend like he is gardening with Sean!

A beautiful bell- we planted red, yellow, & green this year.. yum!

beginnings of squash fever




real squash!









Sammy- I can just hear his triumphant... da dah!!







Yesterday I convinced Sean to pick a few of his precious carrots from the ridiculously enormous carrot patch he was letting grow. One was sooo huge! He twisted the guts out of it.. literally! He could barely get it out of the ground & it came in 2 pieces & the bottom was twisted to death.
however, the ones that did come out were total delish.. a little ranch! Have I ever mentioned how much I love fresh veggies & fruit?
ps- tomorrow morning we are headed to a little orchard to pick some peaches! Have I ever mentioned how much I love food?

3 comments:

Janet said...

yes, and I guess that you get that from both parents. We had veggies and ranch for supper, too. I made a big pot of chili but it is supposed to be for tomorrow. Those squash look great!! you know you can use a little spade to get the carrots out so you don't mutilate them

The Taylor Family said...

and what is the secret for growing that awesome garden?????

kellibattraw said...

Oh how I wish I were there to help you enjoy the fruits of your labor. :)