Last Friday I got tricked into camping. Thats right, tricked.
Sean: Hey, you wanna cook out in the desert tonight?
Me: sure! Sounds like fun
Sean: Well, there's a place not too far away that we could maybe camp overnight, you wanna?
Me: ok, but I don't want to go very far!
3 hours later.. we're driving past Globe. Hmmm...I'm pretty sure it was his plan all along!
We camped just outside of Seneca Lake just before the Salt River Canyon starts its nice descent. It really has some pretty stunning views... We actually tent camped cause we sold the fifth wheel a few months ago. But we took our high queen blow up mattress & all crashed on it together. The weather was amazingly nice & the night was just the right amount of chilly for camping.
Here are my two adventurers...
We grilled hot dogs.. pretty much the easiest thing to possibly grill & Sam loved them. Sam actually pretty much loved everything. I know, hard to imagine! He loved playing in the dirt, running around, throwing rocks into the fire, pretending to drive the truck & playing with the dog. This kid is definitely his fathers son!!!!
2 comments:
Your pictures look like a postcard. I wish that Drew and I would have done some camping when we were in AZ. We've been enjoying camping here, but it would be nice not having all the bugs. Yuck. We've already killed a few mosquitoes.
I'm way behind in reading blogs, but I just loved this cute post! How awesome that your husband tricked you into camping, and that it still turned out fun! (My hubby avoids camping like the plague - and I always want to go, haha. You lucky girl :) You have a cute family - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment