Anytime I ever go over to my sister Michelle's house after hours, she & her husband are always doing some end of the day cleaning... you know, sweeping & mopping the kitchen floor while the kids were in bed.
Last night after I got Sam to sleep I thought- Oh great! Now I can clean the floors! As I was mopping I thought.. oh my gosh!! I'M the mom! I am the mom now. Look at me! I'm planning out my house cleaning! So it begins.
It's pretty early. I've pretty much been up since 4:30. when Sam woke up ravishingly hungry. He seems to be going through this growth spurt right now.
This morning Sean left for Scout Camp til Saturday. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til its gone? Seriously, the second he drove away I got a pit in my stomach! That picture seriously makes me think of my dad. My dad never wore hats except when he was doing scouting, it seemed. & here my husband is, in his hat he hardly ever wears & his scout shirt in the driveway I grew up in.. about to drive away from me :( Sean does so much to help take care of Sam... & he makes me feel safe! I already miss him alot & the house feels empty :(
Last night when I was feeding Sam he decided to wipe his full mouth with his hand & then smear it all over his eye & eyebrow. It made me laugh cause his eyebrow was all matted & crazy, but he was still happy.
I will always be in awe of all of the sacrifices that were made for us to live in a free country. I thank God for the lives given & sacrificed for me! "Who more than self their country loved And mercy more than life!" Anytime I hear those lyrics it brings tears to my eyes! I pray that I will be able to stand for my convictions if I'm called to!
Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! Here is a little video treat of Sam reminding everyone what a great country we have :)
2 comments:
Did you ever watch the fireworks from the roof of the fiesta carwash? I miss those days.
I have not been on blogger forever! I just caught up with your life! Your baby is cute as ever and you're welcome for the hair cut and the pictures!
Post a Comment