Monday, July 13, 2009

It's a... tooth!

The process of babies aquiring teeth is alot like labor. There is alot of pain & crying involved.
This is almost exactly what Sam's mouth looks like (not really his) I noticed his upper left central on Saturday! Woo hoo... new tooth. That must be why he was so fussy a week or so ago. Then yesterday when he was napping in church ( I say this because he WONT let me look at his upper gums when he is awake) I noticed the smallest hint of a sliver of his other central incisor sneeking its way into the picture. I had to give some of my young women a ride to a fireside last night & by the time I got back Sean was a little frustrated because Sam was having a mini-melt down. I'm positive his new tooth is the culprit. Maybe I'm so positive because for the rest of the night it continued... & then through the night... into the wee hours of morning. I ended up sleeping with him in the family room on the recliner so Sean could get some sleep. The baby motrin helped out a little. & when I was awake enough to remember to put the baby ambisol on, it all seemed to help. But he has had a rough day!! ..us too.
He actually just started up again :( more motrin!!!!!

I am VERY glad that Sean made it back to help me out. It's like Sam gave me a little break while Sean was gone & then it started up again.
Sean was at scout camp all last week & had a really good experience. Sean makes me feel very safe at home, so it was hard to be without him for a week! It's good to have hime home :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I know how you feel except we haven't seen any "fruits" of her "labor." Thank goodness she's not cranky every day. We've already had to pull an all nighter this last week and have experienced the fever, but luckily no ear infections so far. Fingers crossed!

Jo Dee said...

I sure hope he feel better soon, and you get some sleep too!