Thursday, February 28, 2008

.... yet I can't look away

Repulsive! Yesterday I had a visit to the orthodontist. That statement alone should strike fear in the hearts of all men! I thought I would just get some new wires, but he decided to add a few rubberbands into the mix... 3 to be exact, one of which runs right across my front teeth. He not only gave me these little rubber treats to wear, but asked me to wear them for 12 hours every day. Well, home & bed are the only places these puppies are getting worn, I'll tell you that much right now! The lisp it gives me probably wouldn't go over well as I'm talking to my patients. Why didn't he just ask me to wear a giant sign that says "worlds biggest geek!"?
They name the different rubber bands by the size of it.. they use countries. So I have France on the right & Switzerland on the left! If I dont' have the worlds most amazing smile when these braces come off.... well... I better!!!!

On a much warmer note... last night on my way to bed I passed the thermometer & it read....................................................77 degrees!!!! The high today was 84. Its still February, right?

5 comments:

Dana Christensen said...

We almost got the 50 degrees the other day and I was so excited! I could send the kids to school without hats and gloves. Before I get too jealous I should remember when you're sweating it out in July with 110 degrees I'll be relaxing with 80 degrees so... :)

Hilary, Darin, Adam, Josh, and Connor said...

What, did they give you the grown-up version of rubber bands? I get to wear the animal variety, such as Fox, Kangaroo and my current band, Ostridge. By the way, they come in little bags with a picture of the animal on it, just in case you can't read. And my favorite part, "Wear them for 22 hours,"...yeah right, I'm lucky if I make it 10. So just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, trust me it can, I've been there.

MeL said...

Hooray for braces! Like I said before, at least they ARE doing all of these things that will give you amazing results, even if they are totally sucky right now! I just got my first set of Invisalign trays today and I hate them already, and have worn them for oh, a total of like 3 hours. I suppose we should just keep the end result in mind!

MeL said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I watched the clip of your dogs and the hose, and I laughed out loud and made Philip come in and watch it too. Perhaps I do have a place in my heart for animals after all!

Cath said...

This is Curt's wife Cathy, and I found your blog awhile ago and haven't posted yet, but had to post now and say that I feel your pain!! I got my braces off in Sept., and had to wear FOUR of those blasted bands! Two of them went across each other in the front. My family said I looked like Hannibal Lector. I could hardly open my mouth. How was I going to yell, I mean talk to my kids? Good luck! When do you get them off?