Well... this past week we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary!
It was on Monday the 11th & we spent the weekend before in Payson & around the Salt River Canyon. On Friday Sean came home with this in the back of his truck....
So we headed to Payson for the night.
We stayed at the Majestic Mountain Inn in Payson. It was pretty nice! A fireplace & a HUGE spa tub in the room!! Only problem was, I'm pretty sure the people before us smoked a few packs of cigarettes. I was reading in their room book that if you smoke in the room they charge you $150! Well, even though we mentioned this to them, they were fully booked & didn't move us. I wrote a little email to them, explaining how much fun I had washing everything we had brought when I got home to get the smoke smell out. they sent us a gift certificate for our next stay :)
Then the next morning we drove over by the Salt River Canyon & Sean put ol trusty on his belt.. & we were off!
Needless to say... Sean did not take into consideration that there were storms earlier that week, & most of the area was covered in mud & snow. What fun we had!!!!!
We actually eventually got out of the mud & into some very pretty areas. Sean really enjoys this are of Arizona & I can't blame him!! It had the most amazing views... the pictures don't do it much justice!
Here we are riding along, please notice the flecks of mud on my sleeve.
Here is us almost to the bottom of the canyon at the River.
I just took this picture cause I thought Sean looked cute... I love that guy:)
Us again... aren't we just cute?
& here is our individual riding shots... yes, I actually drove it like the stud I am, with my man on the back!
This is seriously after I had already scraped my shoes off more than once. The amount of mud that was on my shoes was unbelievable!!!
Here we are with me hanging off the back
And this is my... look at the mud in my hair... shot.
Now... I know this looks like it was all fun & games, but I had no idea mud would be involved. When the first softball sized piece of mud flung into my hair... I actually cried. We stopped & Sean said we could just go home if I wanted to. I decided to suck it up & have fun despite the amount of dirt & mud I had covering me that day.. & we did have a fantastic time. There was some serious mud on the way out in the truck too.. but we made it back. When we were in Globe Sean remembered that he had left his gun on the top of his truck. We had to go all the way back & look for it in the dark! I prayed so hard we would find it!!! It was Sean's grandpas gun. We did find it, thankfully!!! & then drove home to take hot showers & get clean. Happy Anniversary to us :)
Knox is 6
6 years ago
2 comments:
Where has the time gone? Three years?! You look hot, even with mud in your hair. : )
That sounds like loads of fun. Kaaryn wants to plan a trip with you guys soon, so don't go losing your guns without us. Happy anniversary.
Post a Comment