Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sam is 5!!

I'm not quite sure how this is actually possible.  It could not possibly have been 5 years ago that our lives changes so drastically into parenthood.  Some days it seems like forever ago, but in my mind I will never forget that dreamlike day that Sean brought Sam & me home from the hospital!  We pulled up to the house & the winter lawn seemed to have popped up in the few days I had been gone.  The morning was cool & there was a slight breeze.  When I stepped into the house, I was now a mom & I remember I actually felt different.  Sean &  I agreed later on that from the second Sam came into our home, it was like there was a palpable difference- he made our home a home.  I remember Red was in the house & he ran behind the couch when I came in. I sat on the couch, utterly exhausted & he poked his head out around the couch & slowly approached Sam in his car seat.  He was so cautious & curious, it made me laugh.  Then I took Sam & went into my room & crashed hard. I hadn't really slept in days & was nearly dlilisional.  I had nightmares that a wild pack of dogs got into the house & came in the room & jumped over me to get to him.  One hour home from the hospital & I was already worried about protecting him.

Little did I know what was in store.  He is so smart, active, crazy, fun, & HAPPY! It is rare that a smile that isn't followed by laughing isn't on his face & when its gone, it comes back so quickly.

I had to work on Sam's birthday, so I left a happy birthday banner on the wall with balloons & left some cookies for him to take to school & share.  They came with food coloring pens, so each kid got to decorate their own cookie.
When I got home from work, Sam & Joe had gone to work with Sean.  Me & Senny hung out til they got home...filthy.  So, after baths, we all went to paradise bakery because Sam loves the mac & cheese & cookies.  We ate outside by the fountain & the workers all came to wish him a happy birthday & even made him a special cookie.
After that, Grandma Shannon met up with us & went to Golf Land for a round of miniature golf.  Watching a 3 & 5 year old golf is entertaining, to say the least.  They had soo much fun though!!!



We ended the night with rootbeer freezes from dairy queen & the boys fell asleep on the way home.

Yesterday we had his birthday party at the park with friends and family.  Here was his invitaiton.
STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!
So... the kids all got pool noodle light sabers.  They did some light saber training by trying to keep the balloons up as long as they could with it.. or pop the balloons.  Then they got to try & silly string Darth Vader (uncle Ben).  That one may be better at an older age- Joe needed help spraying it, & Sam actually did too.
We had Han-burgers & Hoth- dog, yoda soda, jedi juice, luke skywater, obi-wan-kabobies, space puffs & boba-q chips.  The kids got to swing at a darth vader pinata- which I sadly did not get pictures of :(
                                                            Grandma Lindblom with Seneca

 Grandpa helped grill :)
 It took a little while to get the candles lit...
 Aunt Wendi, Nancie, JoDee & Uncle todd
 the Palmers
 Sam, in serious contemplation of a wish

 Grandma & Grandpa Lindblom
 Grandma Shannon & Senny
 Opening presents

 Aunt Nancie, & a serious light saber noise making face
 Uncle Justin & Tommy

 The light saber cake




Everything turned out awesome!  We were pretty much the only ones at the park.  We are so blessed to have so many loved ones around us!!!  Sam loudly proclaimed many times that day that it had to be the best birthday that was ever had.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys sooooo much! Wish we could have come to the party too!