Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Special Boy

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Sam? He's pretty much the cutest & most adorable, crazy kid that ever was. We've been having fun spending time together the past couple days. I got crazy sick last Wednesday night & am just getting over it, so I'm finally getting back into mommy mode instead of dead zombie mode.
This morning I made french toast, so I pulled up a chair & let him help me... He was soo excited!


He is such a special little boy! Although he can get a little frustrating... I couldn't be more in love :) This past Tuesday he had one heck of a day. He was out "helping" Sean with yard work & when Sean looked away Sam brushed his knuckles on the muffler of the lawn mower. You can kinda see his poor little burned hand in those pictures above. He's not been happy with the wrap we've been keeping on it with pain neosporin to help it heal. The same day, he fell on the fireplace & took a chunk out of his chin... this kid is so accident prone.. I swear!!!! Every time we're at the park & he runs up the jungle gym to the highest point he can with me having a small heart attack at the bottom, some parent always asks "how old is that kid?" I just shake my head... not old enough to be as fearless as he is!!

Thursday I was reading a book with him - Story's of Jesus. I started really thinking about how much I really want my children to have the same testimony of Jesus Christ that I do. I try to point out Jesus in pictures to him as much as I can. As long as I can remember, my parents have had this picture of the Savior on their wall...
after reading the book with him I took him over to the picture & pointed to Jesus & told Sammy "this is Jesus". He just smiled. About an hour later I asked Sammy where Jesus was. He ran over & stood underneath the picture & raised his hands up smiling & laughing & said- Jesus! I seriously couldn't believe it!! It brought a tear to my eye. Now he will just run over to the picture & tell me that it is Jesus. Of course, it sounds like varying things every time- cheese, geez, sus.. whatever it comes out as, I know what he means, & that makes me very happy :)

3 comments:

Ryan Nelson Family said...

Glad to see I'm not the only mom that lets their child get burned. People around here don't let me forget that my child was attacked by the vaccuum - I've somehow managed to get the nickname Hoover

Michelle said...

so much better than when we took Janet to Salt Lake when she was about 15 mo. old. She stood at the foot of the Christus and pointed saying, " Whassthat?"

kellibattraw said...

It's so touching when they first respond to pictures of Jesus. I think they're remembering more than learning.