Thursday, February 25, 2010

oh babies!

Life has been pretty sad lately. I got a crazy case of a cold/flu about 2 weeks ago. It stuck with me for a good week.. & when I say stuck with me... it really stuck with me. I was literally down that whole time, feeling like death. Then it ended with a cough. That was lots of fun. I was lucky that I caught it the night after my last day of work, so I had several days of no work to try to recover & ended up only missing one day of work & then sweating through the next. I'm feeling a ton better now though!!! Now it's just pregancy sickness again :) I thought I was getting more energy, then after lunch today I felt like there had to have been sleeping pills in my food... so of course, Sam won't take a nap today. What is up with that kid???!!! I don't understand not taking a nap when there is a perfectly good one to be had! Needless to say, I will sleep very well tonight!

I had another dr apt today & heard the baby's heartbeat, so it actually is real. Is it wierd that I still don't feel like it is? I was relieved to hear it. There is always this nagging fear that something goes wrong, but I think Dr. Hollar said it perfectly when we heard it- dosn't that just make everything in the world right? It does, doesn't it? I wished Sean was there to hear it. I came home & Sam was in this crazy mood. He kept hugging me & trying to kiss me.. I think. He would open his mouth up huge & slobber all over me & it made me laugh so hard, he just kept doing it, which made me laugh more. Goofing around with him today made me think back... but it's hard to remember him being a tiny little baby. Like I said, this whole thing dosn't seem real & maybe won't until there is another baby in my arms.
At work yesterday I heard the front office girls scheduling the patient's 6 month appointments & I realized I will most likely be starting maternity leave then...super wierd. Dosnt' that mean I should be entering that honeymoon phase of the pregancy... & not so tired anymore?

1 comment:

kellibattraw said...

My pregnancies weren't "real" until the last tri-mester. Oh, and I wasn't the one who called you (or mom and dad for that matter...) today. : )