Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines :)

My whole life as far back as I can remember, my family has always done a Valentine exchange for Valentines day. We would take brown lunch sacks & decorate them how we wanted it & then set them out on the counter for people to put little treats & notes in & then on Valentines Day we would open it to find what we got. Love it :) This tradition has not died since we've grown older. My nieces & nephews all make little Valentines for each other.

Sam loved his bag. His cousins, however, failed to remember there was a baby around when they all opened their bags & left their candies & cookies out. In comes Sammy... terrorizing-especially by smooshing the cookies. I did have to exchange out his good cookie for a smooshed one in hopes of making peace with the kids, but then found out he did it to someone else too. What am I gonna do with this kid?
and us adults? we just make lots of goodies & candy for each other.. I mean, does sugar ever get old?


side note: I tried making homemade lollipops for everyone, & ended up leaving the pot of scalding sugar to run after Sam & returned to burnt sugar :( I tried to salvage it, but it ended up being a big burnt mess. Maybe next year!

3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I was on a sugar high for hours!

Janet said...

I am so glad that Jo came up with this idea years ago, let me see, how long has it been??at least 20, right?? Sammy must have had a hayday!! Love looking at your blog

kellibattraw said...

I'm glad you all had fun, and of course we are sad we missed out, again. : (