Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thoughts...

I just felt like blogging today, not really a whole lot to say.
Last night we had dinner here-
Todd & Wendi have talked up this place alot so Sean & I decided to try it. Awesome!!! If you've never tried it, you should!! Not expensive & great burgers & fries :)


In the past week every single household in my family has been dealing with the stomach flu...

Pretty awful!! Our household had it when my sister & her family were here visting. Strangely enough- Sean, Sam & I all avoided it. It seems like every day we get news that someone else has fallen prey to the ugly bug. Needless to say.. we've been stearing clear of my family this past week.
I was just sure I'd have to call someone to replace me in church today because we would get sick. I guess I should knock on wood.. it's not really over yet. I'm getting more excited about my new calling as the primary chorister. I didn't prepare as well as I should today, but everything was still great.
I've never had to teach a song to a group of kids before. We started learning a new song I Know that My Savior Loves Me. It's a nice song. I'm having a hard time connecting with the junior primary. I've been so used to being in young womens, that the senior primary is more up my ally. My sister is a primary president in Alabama & gave me some good advice while she was here. I have another sister that was a chorister for a long time whose brain I really need to pick. If anyone has advice for me, please send it my way!!

We've been spending the last day or so watching this gem of a show

there was a marathon on on New years day so we taped them & it reminds me of when I was younger watching them with my brother. It's such a weird show, why can't I stop watching it?!

.
So today Sean challenged me to a friendly game
It turned into a tournament. He beat me the first round, & then we took it to his moms house & played a 6 person game that lasted WAY too long & was dragged out Way too long, & reminded me why we only pull that board out every so often. Fine family fun :)

3 comments:

kellibattraw said...

I'm so glad you've been able to avoid the bug! It looks like you've been having fun. I don't have the attention span for Monopoly. :)

Heather K said...

The twilight zone is a wierd show! I used to watch it with my dad and then have wierd dreams. I love Monopoly but is so freakin' long. But we found a Lord of the Rings Monopoly and it has an ending when the ring gets back to go and then you just count up and see who wins. It is usually obvious though. ALSO, wanted to tell you how much I LOVE Cello in music lately! One Republic's new CD is amazing!

Nancie said...

I can't believe you guys never got it! You should not bother trying to get the swine flu vaccine--you all must have an amazing immune system already.