I think this is the longest I've gone without updating my blog!! We've been busy around here lately. I guess thats life though.
Last week a new member joined our family-
Hyrum Philip Battraw , on May 23. My sister Kelli makes pretty cute kids, huh? & I can't believe how much hair that baby has!!!!
I worked an extra day last week & then we went on an extended camping trip this last weekend & just got home this evening! It was Sam's first real camping trip & he LOVED it!!!!
Here are me, Sam & Red all on our way up north. Sam LOVES our dog Red. Any time he would get remotely near him he would start jumping up & down very excited.
Here are Sam & Sean relaxing on the denim blankets. (we borrowed yours too mom :) )
our first night we made cabobs with chicken & lots of veggies from our garden!! There were super delicious!

About a year ago I bought these pjs thinking there was no way he'd ever fit into them... cause they are 12 months. I can't believe he's grown up so much!!! He loved to play up on the bed in the trailer.

My friend Hilary gave us this super cutie camo outfit. Unfortunately, he didnt' get to wear it for too long. His smile is so big cause he is filling his cute little diaper. He even got some of it on the only sweatshirt I brought, leaving me huddled next to the fire every other night! Adorable, huh?

One of Sean's unspoken goals when we camp is to keep a fire going, & get it as big as possible. He is always "tending" to the fire.
Here is my 2 happy boys.. ok, at least one looks happy.

I thought this was pretty funny...

Me & my cutie


The Johnsons, roughing it... in our trailer

my mountain man :)

We had such a good time! Relaxing, watching the rain, exploring around & enjoying nature.
I bought a baby hiker backpack thingy at a yard sale awhile ago & got to try it out. Sam LOVED it! Only problem...he loves to grab my hair.

This was the trees right before an amazing meadow with wild iris' growing that we hiked to... beautiful!

Sam enjoying his camping experience. it's not the easiest, now that he is mobile, to keep him on a jean blanket. He loved picking grass & trying to eat it. If I turned my back for a second he was at the corner of the blanket with a handful of dirt, grass & pine needles.

The last full day we were there Sean's family came up for the day to joing us. It was fun :) We all hiked around & enjoyed each others company & cooked yummy food!!
Here is Sean & Sam & Tiffany holding David in the background

Caio & David

Shannon & mark around the fire.

Tiffany getting corn ready

that night we made carne asada tacos, guacomole, pico de gallo, & we also roasted corn from the garden! It was a yummy food fest!!

We had a wonderful time!! & it was so nice to get away from all the noise of every day life. I just wish the weather was that amazing here during the summer :(
Sam has started pulling himself up & walking around furniture & pretty much anything he can get his hands on. I just cant' believe how fast my little baby is growing up!!!!
About a year ago I bought these pjs thinking there was no way he'd ever fit into them... cause they are 12 months. I can't believe he's grown up so much!!! He loved to play up on the bed in the trailer.
My friend Hilary gave us this super cutie camo outfit. Unfortunately, he didnt' get to wear it for too long. His smile is so big cause he is filling his cute little diaper. He even got some of it on the only sweatshirt I brought, leaving me huddled next to the fire every other night! Adorable, huh?
One of Sean's unspoken goals when we camp is to keep a fire going, & get it as big as possible. He is always "tending" to the fire.
I thought this was pretty funny...
Me & my cutie
The Johnsons, roughing it... in our trailer
my mountain man :)
We had such a good time! Relaxing, watching the rain, exploring around & enjoying nature.
I bought a baby hiker backpack thingy at a yard sale awhile ago & got to try it out. Sam LOVED it! Only problem...he loves to grab my hair.
This was the trees right before an amazing meadow with wild iris' growing that we hiked to... beautiful!
Sam enjoying his camping experience. it's not the easiest, now that he is mobile, to keep him on a jean blanket. He loved picking grass & trying to eat it. If I turned my back for a second he was at the corner of the blanket with a handful of dirt, grass & pine needles.
The last full day we were there Sean's family came up for the day to joing us. It was fun :) We all hiked around & enjoyed each others company & cooked yummy food!!
Here is Sean & Sam & Tiffany holding David in the background
Caio & David
Shannon & mark around the fire.
Tiffany getting corn ready
that night we made carne asada tacos, guacomole, pico de gallo, & we also roasted corn from the garden! It was a yummy food fest!!
We had a wonderful time!! & it was so nice to get away from all the noise of every day life. I just wish the weather was that amazing here during the summer :(
Sam has started pulling himself up & walking around furniture & pretty much anything he can get his hands on. I just cant' believe how fast my little baby is growing up!!!!
7 comments:
What a fun time!! That babyjust has the greatest smile--does he giggle with it??
Does Sammy ever stop smiling???
Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm with you...too bad we don't have mild summer weather as well. Guess that is why I like heading to the East every other summer.
Good times. I am not sure you took enough pictures. Please try harder next time.
That little boy of yours is so smiley! What a cutie pie!
Such cute pictures! You guys are just too much fun! You need to get that camper all packed and bring it out here to the beach!!!! San Onofre is calling.....and we miss you guys!!!!
Sammy is so dang cute... I wish we were closer! : (
I want to go camping that looked like a blast!
Post a Comment