Saturday, March 14, 2009

sicky :(

This week has definitely not been the greatest!!! Poor little Sammy hasn't been feeling well :(

As you can tell from the horrible red & watery eyes, this was not his normal self!

but despite feeling like crud, our little baby still smiled for us ... (occasionally).

and of course, Mr. Moosey always seems to make everything better :)




Starting on Sunday Sam got a horrible sounding cough & wouldn't eat much & was spitting up alot too.. yuck-
so we harrassed my sister Michelle (she's a really smart nurse :) )pretty much all week with questions about when we should take him to the dr... should we wait it out, does he sound that bad? and she was nice enough to listen to his chest a few times. but by Thursday morning he definitlely wasn't getting better & so Sean took him to the dr. My office was on vacation this week, but I filled in at another office, 3 days instead of my usual 2. Isn't it great that we always seem to make commitments at the worst time? He has an ear infection & lots of horrible gunk inside, so they gave us...

some great antibiotics ( by the way, did you know that cherry red flavored baby medicine actually does come out of clothes when pretreated with Tide .. phew!!! .. there was just a few stained outfits this week)...

I remember loving this medicine when I was little!! I swear I used to try & sneak it cause I thought it tasted good.. remember that Kelli?

and some breathing treatments to loosen up all that grossness (thanx for letting us use your machine Wendi :) )
by the way... Sam dosn't like his breathing treatments. He feels like it is his obligation to grab the tube, or try to eat it, so there are a few tears shed while the vapors flow.
but with the help of modern medicine.. he's actually done a little of this lately-


I'm so glad we bought the rocking recliner we have in his bedroom, cause Sean or I have been sleeping in it the past week! Sick baby = no fun. Did you also know that sick baby = sick mommy? Yeah, this morning I woke up with an insanely sore throat... so - yay!!!





We still have some whimpering moments. This one for example ( above) . It was actually quite humorous. Sam was whining & he didn't listen when I told him to stop! I had the camera near, so I opened it up & said- smile!! He stopped whimpering & actually smiled. Then he'd start again & I'd say- smile! pretty soon he got wise & was having a hard time whimpering & smiling at the same time.
I think tonight will be better :) Yay for fantastic family that cares about us & for great medicine!! Hopefully some medicine will do me some good !




2 comments:

Heather K said...

No fun. We have the crap too and it takes forever to go away and we keep passing it around. YUCK! Hang in there and take lots of naps! Your garden looks great! Wish it was that warm here.

Brenay Family said...

That's so funny what you said about the Amoxicillin. Every time one of my kids has to take it the smell reminds me of being a kid! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. It's not fun. Have you ever played the Baby Einstein dvd's for Sam? That's what we used to do with Derrick when he had to do his breathing treatments. It gave him something else to focus on. Although Derrick gets addicted to his breathing treatments when we have to do them! He loves it (I know I have a weird kid!) I hope he is feeling better!