Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Porkchops & Applesauce!

On Saturday I caught an episode of America's Test Kitchen on PBS. Its a show that has about 8 different chefs that prepare meals using different ingredients to find the best way to make it!! The episode I saw was how to make crunchy breaded (baked) pork chops & homemade applesauce. I was so impressed I decided to make it myself!!! So last night we invited a friend over for dinner & I went to work in the kitchen. I made my own breadcrumbs & my own applesauce :) Go me!
I never realized how easy applesauce was to make!! I'm so excited to make all kinds of baby food for Sam right in my own kitchen :) ( ok, my moms)
Here's a picture of my delightful treat!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

quite the molly, I must say. Good for you! One more skill under the belt. You are amazing..but then, again, you are a Lindblom, so you probably already knew that.

Janet said...

ditto to Michelle's comment and Julia we are so proud of your accomplishments. Now Sammy will be able to eat the things you do.
MUM

Jo Dee said...

GO CHEF JULIA!!!!

Meredith said...

thanks for taking care of josh for me! miss you guys!

Queenacres said...

Good for you!! There's nothing more satisfying than making things from scratch!