Everything is growing.... up. My baby, my nieces & nephews, my garden- and me!
The other day I had 2 different patients in my chair , when I thought both times- this person seems ( & looks!) a bit older than me. Then I realized through conversation ( & taking a second glance at their charts) that we were born the same year. Why is it that I see myself so much younger? Do I loook that old? It gave me more incentive to do well with my new healthier eating cause I know I look younger when I'm thin. Oh please tell me I don't look as old as those other people! Ok, now I know that anyone reading this over the age of 30 wants to kill me, but I know you think the same thing, no matter what age you are, at some point.
My garden is continuing to grow :) Cantelope & Watermelon up now. Last night we made pico de gallo & guacamole- ok, Sean's sister pretty much made them while I took care of Sam. I never realized until recently how much I love tomatoes. I never gave em a chance when I was younger. I LOVE vegetables!! I just can't wait to make all that from my veggies that I grew :) Ps. the guac & pico rocked :) and our carne asada/chicken tacos tantalized the tastebuds. If you've never had Sean grill you some.. your missing out! & let me know & we'll invite you over for the best dinner ever :) ( Dana, you'll have to allow us to redo yours, cause it didn't turn out as well as we had planned when you guys were here last!)
Sam continues to grow.. right out of his clothes. I'm so lucky that we've been passed so many clothes cause I really haven't had to buy any at all! The only thing I'm looking for is a handsome Sunday outfit! for a decent price! He only had one & he's outgrown it. I really want to dress him in a little white shirt &tie- I like making my baby look like a little man :)
and yesterday was my cutie patootie niece Jennifer's 7th birthday! I can' t believe she's 7!! She was learning to crawl/walk when me & Sean were dating!! So she had cousins with her to go bowling & I joined my awesome sis Michelle & all my darling nieces & nephews.
of course we put up the bumpers- 7 children ranging from 4-12... lots of adventure :) I haven' t been in awhile & my first ball actually hit the bumpers... it usually takes me a game or 2 to warm up, but since we only played one it wasn't my best showing. I was just about schooled by my 4, 5 & 7 year old nieces.. I ended up with a 123 (at least I broke 100!) & my 5 year old niece had 108! Yikes!! I guess wii bowling does give them practice, huh?
I took Sam & all the kids did a wonderful job of making him very happy...

I also looked at both my 11-12 year old nieces this week in a new light- they look like little women!!!! AHHH! It just caught me off guard at how beautiful & old they are getting!
1 comment:
It makes me homesick, but I'm glad you guys had fun. : )
Post a Comment