Friday, January 16, 2009

who we are...

Did you ever think you are who you are because of the ones you love? For example... take our parents. From day 1 we are listening to how they talk, watching how they accomplish a task, and learning from their moral behavior. Aren't we are we are because of them? or our siblings, older & younger. What they did made an impact in our heads, in the back, whether you knew it or not...
Sean's dad had a hot rod that he restored & Sean has memories of playing around the garage while his dad worked away. Then they would pile in the hot rod on special occassions & cruise around while listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon...

& I'm sure other music as well. To this day that is one of Sean' s favorite cds. It somewhere in his head makes him think of those happy moments when his family were all smiling together & loved each other. He got an HD version of the cd from his mom for Christmas & feels the need to crank it to its highest levels. He is just sure Sammy loves it as much as he does... which will most likely end up being the case. Because Sean will listen to it while he tinkers on something in the garage & Sam will be playing around, just like Sean did when he was little.
Did you know you have in an impact on the ones you love? Something you did for someone, or activities you used to engage in, will always be there as a memory for someone, whether you knew it or not.
Now me...
popcorn...

yahtzee....


oldies music...



If your last name is or once was Lindblom, I need say no more... but I will! I'll always have great memories of everyone together on Sundays playing games & lots of talking & laughing & popcorn & nobakes flowing. I'll always love oldies music & have sweet memories of dancing around with my mom & siblings just for fun. Or walking in on my parents dancing slowly to a song they loved. Or driving around in the big ol van listening to oldies music with my parents.
So... how are you living? Do you give the ones around you the kind of memories that they will smile at later... do your actions provide happiness deep in the minds of your children.. or your siblings... or you parents.. or dear friends? or how about a stranger? I'll never forget that man that helped me when I was stuck on the side of the road that one time... I even prayed for him & his little family for helping me.
Who are you?

3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Funny thing happened yesterday, I told Max to go get in the van. I meant to say suburban because we do not have a van nor have we ever had one. Andy cracked up and said why dont you go get in the big white van. Max was a little confused but it made me laugh that "van" would slip out. Ahhh the days of crusin in the big white van.

Nancie said...

Good times... I love the good ol days.

kellibattraw said...

We really did have some great times. Hey, if we get our chores done maybe we can go play yahtzee
together. : )