It's been a crazy week already! It's flown by so fast... kinda like this last year!
Sam had a cold, followed by gross congestion, which only preceded lots of fussiness!! He was pretty fussy & usually isn't, so we took him to the doctor on Wednesday. We thought maybe he had an ear infection. He is weighing in at 13+lbs now! My sisters said babies should triple their birth weight by a year... I think he's gonna quadruple his!!!! The doctor said his ears looked fine, he didn't feel feverish, but his tooth buds are coming in!!!!
I asked if he was sure.. I mean he's only 11 weeks old for heavens sake!! I'm sure it'll still be weeks before they actually cut through, but that's nuts!! Sean says Sammy just really wants some steak. sure!So last night we just hopped through a few houses visiting. We started at the Dillards, went to Sean's old friend from high school Brandon, & then ended up at the Armstrongs house showing off Sammy. We got home just in enough time to ring in the new year by watching the ball drop at Time Square & get a nice New Years kiss in :) We made Sammy open his eyes at midnight, which he then closed at 12:00 & 2 seconds.
after which we ordered pizza. What better food to grace your lips first in 2009????!!!! I felt old last night cause I didn't really want to do anything too crazy & exciting... I just wanted to take it easy with my husband & little baby, oh well-So now 2008 is gone & we start over again. What an amazing year! I spent most of the year carrying around the most amazing little baby in the world.. & then in October he came to our family & made us happier than we could ever imagine!!!


So we slept in today (not like we haven't all week!) & vegged around til this afternoon. We got to see our awesome friends the Palmers & their adorable little girl Salem. They moved to Texas this year, which made us very sad cause they are one of those amazing couples that me & Sean both really like both of the people in the couple!! Darn them for moving! BUT! We're glad we got to spend a couple of hours with them today, even if it was watching football (sorry Matt!)
So we slept in today (not like we haven't all week!) & vegged around til this afternoon. We got to see our awesome friends the Palmers & their adorable little girl Salem. They moved to Texas this year, which made us very sad cause they are one of those amazing couples that me & Sean both really like both of the people in the couple!! Darn them for moving! BUT! We're glad we got to spend a couple of hours with them today, even if it was watching football (sorry Matt!)
Then we came to get ready for these little people to join us...

thats right- the Christensen five graced our home tonight. Sean cooked some great meat on the bbq & we had tacos. I'm telling you.. I haven't had a dinner like that in awhile! It just made me smile inside. Anna was singing & talking to herself through most of the dinner... Ryan was telling jokes that made no sense... Carter was being sassy just to push Dana's buttons... & Michael so nicely used my exercise ball as his chair so we all would fit at the table. We let dinner settle by playing I spy with my little eye at the Christmas tree. I loved it! It made me think about the day when we'll have several kids in our little family. Anna actually asked Dana where my kids were. I had to tell her I just had the one little baby, no grown up kids like them.

thats right- the Christensen five graced our home tonight. Sean cooked some great meat on the bbq & we had tacos. I'm telling you.. I haven't had a dinner like that in awhile! It just made me smile inside. Anna was singing & talking to herself through most of the dinner... Ryan was telling jokes that made no sense... Carter was being sassy just to push Dana's buttons... & Michael so nicely used my exercise ball as his chair so we all would fit at the table. We let dinner settle by playing I spy with my little eye at the Christmas tree. I loved it! It made me think about the day when we'll have several kids in our little family. Anna actually asked Dana where my kids were. I had to tell her I just had the one little baby, no grown up kids like them.
It was fun.. thanx for coming over Christensens :)
what a great way to ring in the new year.. good food, good friends, what else could you ask for... oh yeah... an amazing family :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :)
2 comments:
looks like you guys had a good new years day! All I can say is bring on 2009!
Happy New Year. All of you look great and so happy. I can't believe that Sammy is already teething! Gabe is 8 1/2 months and nothing yet. Sammy might be gaining weight, but he still looks so tiny to me. I'm sure your arms are telling you different :)
Post a Comment