Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why oh why oh why....


Does anyone have this book? Please send it my way or follow this post with some suggestions.
My blood pressure has been a little elevated the past few days & when I called my doctor she asked me to go to the hospital. Sean was nice enough to sit around with me there while they monitored my bp & the babys heartrate for a few hours & did lab work on all the juices of my life to make sure I was ok. Apparently the only way my bp stays normal is when I'm laying around on my big fat pregnant butt. So my doctor asked me so kindly to lay around for the next week until my next appointment. The nurse said : " now the doctor says your not gonna like this cause you work... but... she's putting you on bedrest." She was right, I'm not too happy. As a matter of fact, Sean commented on how cute it was that I was crying on the way out to the car. He asked why I was crying & I told him I didn't think they would really put me on bedrest, I was sure they would say take it easy, & I'd be back at work for my 1:30 patient. I wasn't planning on taking an extra month off work for th is baby. I know it'll all be worth it, but I'm about to lose my mind & it's only been about 6 hours. so...
any good books or movies that anyone has to suggest would be great right now. I have a feeling I might go crazy!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Brenay Family said...

So come veg at my house and I will show you haw to digital scrapbook! Fun, fun! :)

Nancie said...

OH No! I am so sorry, I know this is the thing you have been dreading. I'll get some good suggestions for reading from the ladies at work and see if any are available at the skyline library.

kellibattraw said...

I'm sorry you're on bed rest! You're right though, it's for the best, and you'll make it through. :)

Dana Christensen said...

I've never been on bedrest, but my suggetstion is find a show you've never seen and rent a season or 2. I was wishing I had had a reason to sit on the couch all day and watch Lost when I got that first season! As for good books, any Sandra Dallas book and These is my words by Nancy Turner are some good ones. Good Luck, give me a call if you're bored! :)

Cynthia Gibbons said...

I have tons of books and movies that you are more than welcome to borrow! Just let me know what you are in the mood for and I will come a runnin'! I hope that you are able to keep your sanity, I really like you the way you are! :)

Wilkerson Family said...

I'm sorry :( I hope that your next appointment goes well. If you like a good love story, I liked the Twilight books. There are four of them in the series. It's a quick read. They made the first one into a movie that comes out next month...

Lachelle said...

If you are looking for a good uplifting book, I'm halfway through "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch (purchase at Costco or anywhere fine books are sold). The Diane Sawyer interview of him and his wife had me bawling my eyes out, in a good way http://abcnews.go.com/gma/lastlecture. Such an inspirational story, and it will make your few weeks of bedrest seem like a little pea under the mattress. Although I don't envy you... I would go crazy in bedrest as well (I'm actually past my due day and expect my baby any day now!) I wish you the best! ~Lachelle