Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update!



So yesterday was the big day. It was such an insane day too. First off I woke up yesterday & Sean was already up & gone. I had a feeling to check on the dogs so I looked out the back window. I couldn't see them, but didnt' get too worried cause they are usually in their dog house. When I open the back door they automatically shoot out & run to be let in. I opened the door & nothing.. called their names & nothing. Sometimes they get out & lay around in the front yard, but they know they aren't allowed out of the yard, & they don't go out of the yard... until yesterday. I threw some clothes on & went out front only to find they were nowhere in sight. I panicked & jumped in the car & started up the street...nothing. I called Sean to tell him to come home to look for the dogs cause I had to get ready for work!! I looked for about 10 minutes & found a dog that kinda looked like Alex, but no luck. Funny cause Sean found a dog that looked alot like Red when he was looking. Anyways... I went to work & Sean came home to look for the dogs & found them after about 30 more minutes of looking. Little brats. He found them not in the neighbor across the streets backyard, but the backyard behind that!! That means that they had to go down Alma School to get in that yard, which really freaks me out! We are lucky they didn't get hit!! I don't know what got into them. But now they are back home.
So we borrowed a pinewood derby track from my dads ward so we didnt' have to rent one. Sean & his dad went & set it up at the ward while I was at work. I didn't even get home til 6 & the race was at 7. So here is me & Sean with our smokin cars....


Sean pretty much made both of ours. Sean's was actually really pretty... & detailed... & the pictures do it no justice. Mine was nice & neon pink & not too shabby looking itself!

Now that you've seen all the pictures, & my nice slide show of the event... we had a blast!! The youth all did great cars & the adult leaders all did as well. Even the whole bishopric made cars! & only one car flew off the track from a lost wheel.. which I actually laughed at, which I probably shouldn't have. Sean had a call he had to take right as the race began, so I pretty much raced his car for him, & even though it was beautiful... I WON!! Yah, thats right... my car kicked some serious trash!!! It was actually pretty funny, cause after the race all the men kept racing anyway & Sean was able to come have some fun & then he really kicked everyones trash, but not til after the race was over, which was kinda sad. oh well.. se la vi! All in all... fine night of fun! But we had to take the track down & return it which meant we didnt' get home til almost 10! Crazy day!!
Now a few more words in case that wasn't enough for you!....
I've had a little down time at work & have been helping the front office with some busy work. One such chore has been shredding documents, which I don't mind at all! However, while putting paper after paper into the shredder, I've been looking at the shredder quite a bit. They put little pictures with lines through them to remind you what shouldn't go through the shredder- things like a paper clips, your hair, a tie, a hand... but one picture really puzzles me... there was a baby with a line through it. Is it telling me not to put a baby in the shredder? I'm seriously at a loss on that one. wierd.


4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Oh that is scary! I wonder if they put that warning on the shredder because someone actually had put their baby in a shredder? Sick world...

Brenay Family said...

You're just like Pam...you get to shred stuff! :)

kellibattraw said...

I'll bet it's a reminder to not let your baby near a shredder... Adam thinks ours is quite fascinating which is why it's ALWAYS unplugged unless we're using it. By the way congrats on the pinewood derby. : )

Heather K said...

Way to go PineWood Derby CHAMPS!!!