I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!! & here are four reasons why.....
Here is my dad shooting the breeze and or watching sports with my husband & brother in laws Andy, Todd, & Chino. This was on Fathers Day & this blog may have been even more appropriate a month or so ago, but I just felt like saying it now!
Reason 1. He reminds me so much of my dad who I loved more than any man until I met my husband. Probably most people who know Sean don't know him as well as I do & may think... reallly? Just like your dad? but seriously, he is!! & here is why!
2. He is an amazing handyman. He isn't afraid to fix or make just about anything! Even if he dosnt' know how... he just reads a little bit about it or calls someone he knows that knows how to & talks to them for awhile & then just figures it out! I can't tell you how great this is! I take it for granted all too often. As long as I could remember my dad was always like this. He would fix things even if he didn't know how by just figuring it out! One of Sean's favorite shows on tv is on PBS... This Old House. The contractors are older men & I Sean seems to think they really know their stuff! I just watch it with him sometimes & enjoy the remodel or gardening segments!
3. He loves to listen to talk radio every minute he can. Now if this dosn't scream "my dad" I don't know what else does!!! I would make fun of him for it for awhile. I've never know anyone my age who listens to talk radio. This is one more reason contributing to the nickname I have given Sean.. old man Johnson.
4. & finally for now... He loves to watch old cowboy movies. I'm not sure if this is just a man thing, or if he & my dad are just alike in one more way. Anytime he passes by a channel on the tv that looks like there may be horse riding, bank robbing, or a shoot out, he will stop. His own dad loves spaghetti Westerns & as a result we own 2 out of the 3 movies in the spaghetti western series featuring Clint Eastwood. He also loves John Wayne movies & I think it was only a few Christmas' ago that I bought my dad a collection of those!
In conclusion... my husband is great. He loves the same things that I grew up knowing the man I loved to like. it's nice to have some continuity & I'm happy to think my kids will grow up watching westerns with dad, fixing things with dad, & wishing he would listen to music instead of talk radio shows like I did :)
1 comment:
That is super cute post
Post a Comment