I wanted to make a little post about my Joey, or as Sean likes to call him- Joe-sy. He is 5 1/2 weeks away from his big numero uno bday!!!! I can hardly believe how fast this year has gone by!!!!
He is such a light in our lives & I had a few pictures of him that I couldn't resist sharing with everyone :)
Joe is one spoiled boy. He loves attention & to be surrounded by people. He is definitely not a loner. He loves to play with toys & can entertain himself with an empty water jug for a good 15 minutes. His fav though is pushing cars & trucks around as he crawls. I love it!! It just makes me laugh to see.
I know this boy needs a haircut, & his older brother & dad do too!! But something about those sweet little curls all over the back of his head makes me smile too :) They look a tad out of control in this next one though.
This week I went & bought Sam a new toothbrush, so I thought I'd get Joey one just like it & he LOVES to chew on that thing!! When you push in the bottom it lights up for a minute.
We also opened up our new slip & slide this week! Sam absolutely loved it.. Joe on the other hand, kinda just sat in the water & whimpered. He likes uncle Phil's pool quite a bit more. No fooling this little guy!
Some of Joey's favorite things to do right now are:
imitate his brother making high pitched noises- a pure joy!
stealing away & trying to play in the toilet- another joy for mommy!
pushing things around on the floor
& practicing walking. He loves to stand up & pretend like he is actually gonna do it, only to fall on the cushioned little bum of his & haul his booty by crawling.
Thankfully, God blessed me with one child who will nap. Joe LOVES his naps.. so don't mess with them!! He also has a habit of falling asleep in odd places. I turned around one second & found him like this.And Joe's favorite thing of all to do.. stand at the door & longingly stare out. This boy was made for the outdoors (much like his older brother & daddy). Of course, with a billion degree weather, no one is making their way outdoors right now. But a boy can dream, right?
Another of Joe's favorites is to slap everything. Not necessarily hard, but he takes his little hand & hits, pretty much everything. Not the best when we are in the middle of a church meeting & he slaps his hands on the folding chairs & it resonates through the room.
He loves to eat cantelope, watermelon & strawberries right now. Maybe cause I do :)
I was holding my little Joey close to me the other night after he had fallen asleep & realized how quickly time passes & how much I need to record the little things these boys do that I love so much. Hopefully, I can do that, but my track record this year hasn't been the best.
This is a bit random, but my posts lately are!
Knox is 6
6 years ago
1 comment:
That was really sweet, and he is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment