Monday, March 21, 2011

Cry babies...

Today I didn't work... as a dental hygienist.
Today I was mom. This mom had to deal with a baby who is cutting his 4th tooth in a 3 week period time. This one is a central incisor & it is driving this poor baby berserk!! He has been crying all day- very uncharacteristic for my little Joey :( He woke up at 7am, took only about 45 minutes of naps & didn't go to sleep until close to 9pm. Please.. tell me he will sleep the night through. A full day of crying + a night = one insane mama.
Sam was having his bath tonight & started hysterically crying. I was around the corner & ran in to calm him down. I finally calmed him down. He was convinced there were bugs around the drain & would not stop whining about it. Sam revealed his first irrational fear... bugs. Sean is trying to convince him that our bed is full of bugs so he won't want to get into our bed anymore- not a bad plan. Now Sam points out any dark small object & says it is a bug.
I never realized how easy being a dental hygienist is compared to being a mom. Going to a job every day is cake compared to being mom. Man.. I sure never gave my Mom enough credit.. ever. Mom.. your the best :)

2 comments:

kellibattraw said...

It's unfortunate that being a parent is something that we don't truly appreciate until we are one! Poor mom!

Jo Dee said...

Moms...so over appreciated and under rated! It is the most rewarding job on the planet!