Saturday, March 12, 2011

An attempt

Well... I'm going to make an attempt to play catch up here. I don't think I have EVER gone an entire month without blogging!!!!
These past few months have been a little busy... to put it lightly. I have been working full time since the beginning of the year. One of the other hygienists had a baby & I was taking on more time to give her time with her new -freaking adorable- bambino.
soo...
last time I blogged, our little Joey bear had been in the hospital with rsv. I wasn't going to take any pictures, but I talked to my sister JoDee, who told me even though this was a crappy time, we would still want to some kind of documentation of it in the future. So here are a few pics of our little guy in his "crib" in the hospital.



Man, I love that little guy. Every time I think of him, a smile bursts across my face. He was in Cardon's Childrens hopsital for 4 days & 3 nights. He had a small little relapse about a week or so ago, but it was minor & I think that with the weather changes he has just been a little more congested. but he recovered wonderfully.
Sean's "smoking" addiction has kicked into high gear. This picture is actually from an extra turkey I had in the freezer from the holidays that I wanted to move out. So Sean found a new brine recipe & we smoked it. Pretty much the most tender turkey meat I've ever tasted in my life!! Definitely have to smoke the one next Thanksgiving!

Last weekend Sean tried a new wings recipe & lets just say that before then, I always hated wings & would never give them a try. They were pretty freaking awesome though!!!! We drove up to Lost Duchmans park at the Superstition mountains & bbqed wings while watching an amazing view of the valley & sitting in amazing weather. Pretty awesome time!
A few weeks ago I noticed how quiet it was outside while Sam was playing, so I peeked out to find him, imagining he was cruising on the quad. It made me laugh...

Speaking of Sam imagining... he is such a little boy. Every day he cracks me up. I was cleaning the kitchen one day & peeked in to find him lining up every toy he had that had wheels on it. He LOVES cars & trucks & trains & helicopeters & planes & do I have to keep going on? I love finding the cars all lined up in the funniest places throughout the house. Today they were guarding the front door, just inside the screen door.

Here is Joey having some Daddy time. He is such a happy baby!! He loves to smile & LOVES to be held & kissed.


I found this little beauty at a yard sale & have begun the process of stripping it & refinishing it. It is taking me FOREVER!!!
layer of green.. under a layer of gold.. under another layer of green!!! & I haven't had all the time in the world lately. Some day I will eventually finish it & post after pics :)

Our little Joey is becoming, well.. not so little any more. Yesterday he actually turned 7 months old!! I can hardly believe it!! He will no longer chill in his car seat.. he wants to turn & roll & scoot around everywhere!

Today he was sitting next to me in the office, on the floor. When I looked down, he had scooted over to my chair & was trying to pull himself up!! He made it up to his knees, but with all the stregth he could exert.. he couldn't quite make it all the way up. It was pretty cute :)
On February 11th, Sean & I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Sean took Sam with him & let him pick out these beauties for me....

& then Sammy handed them to me when the got home :) Unfortunately, Joey had just come home from the hospital that week, so we pretty much just went to dinner & that was it. I guess when you celebrate your wedding, you celebrate your family too.. & this year it meant giving the boys our all that week!

A few weeks ago we were over at my sisters when Sam came running in crying. Sean saw him first & did what we always do.. tell him he is ok. He kept crying so he sent him over to me & that is when I noticed the goose egg!!!! He got a doosy of a goose egg. Who knows what really happend.. but we are talking about the kid who runs & without looking will run into the wall or door. It was bound to happen sooner or later & I'm surprised it took this long to happen!! I snapped a picture of it when he was sleeping about a week after it had happened. He was turning all shades of black, blue & yellow!

After church the other day I saw all my boys on the couch & couldn't help but think how freaking cute they all looked, so I made them pose for a picture. I LOVE Joey's face in this one.


Sean's smoking obsession has led him to begin building & designing his own ginormous smoker. So we all go out into the garage & Sean works on his project & I work on my desk. Sam loves to pick up tools & help out. The other day I came out & he had a tape measure & I said- what are you doing out here? He said- I'm workin' Mom.. I'm workin'!! I couldn't help but laugh.

Sean & I have always played a game with Sam where we cover him up some how & then pretend we can't find him. "where did Sammy go??!!" & then of course he pops out & we look so shocked that he was there all along. He loves it. Recently he has started hiding himself & then asking- where's Sammy? Over & over untill we do it too. He's such a funny kid. This was him & Joey hiding from us.

Joey loves to grab at everything now.. his feet being no exception.

.. and... March 1st, Joey cut his very first tooth. I actually took this picture that day. He looked so cute with it just hanging out there!!
Then the 7th, he cut his second. & now when he smiles you see his cutie little toofies!!! I love it :) Sam was pretty much the worst teether EVER! Joe, not so much. Gotta love it!! He got a tad fussy in the night, but a little Tylenol later.. & he was fine!

Last night my niece babysat the boys while were went to a cousins reception & then out to dinner afterwards. I got Sam a happy meal on the way home & it had a superman action figure that punches & his chest lights up when he punches. He was convinced that my niece gave it to him & he pretty much loves his "guy" ALOT!! Can you tell?

Life is never dull. I don't think with kids, it ever will be again! Next week is spring break & Sean & I both get a little time off. I don't think we will know what to do with ourselves!!! I seriously have barely even been on the computer at all in the past 2 weeks & life seems to just zoom by!! I cannot believe my little Joey is 7 months old already! It's blowing my mind. This week he just started trying to talk a little more. Today he called Sean dada to his face. He uses ta or ba noises now & it sounds like he is really trying hard to tell us something.
That was my attempt to randomely & out of order, catch up on life lately... hopefully life will cut me a little more blog time now :)

1 comment:

kellibattraw said...

We all enjoyed catching up on your pictures! They are so big and adorable!