Have you ever seen a hospital room that looked like this?! Is that a sitting room off to the side?! Well, the room that I was in the last 24 hours didn't exactly look like this!! Not that it was horrible, but not exactly that room!
On Monday I thought that my water may have broken. I know what your thinking... wouldn't you know that? Well, I'll spare you details, but I finally went into the hospital cause I didn't want to risk getting an infection if it did. Sean took me in a little before 9. We dropped Sam at my parents & my sister Wendi (whom I had been bombarding with questions all day) had already texted her friends at Desert Banner & told them I was coming in. It's nice to have sisters with connections :) So they checked me out & told me I was fine, it hadn't broken... BUT... my blood pressure was pretty high, so they ran labs & monitored me til about midnight, when the on call dr. said I wasn't allowed to leave cause my bp wasn't staying down. So I spent about 24 hours laying around & being monitored. Funny thing.. when I'm laying down, my bp is be-a-utiful!!! Even when I sit up for a few minutes, it increases. Ridiculous!!!!!
My OB had a busy day & didn't make it in to see me until after 5 in the afternoon, but she said she wanted an ultrasound to measure fluid levels & the size of the baby. She said that becuase I was having no other symptoms of preclampsia, that she would let me go home. She said... it looks like your blood pressures only stay reasonable when your laying down, so you know what that means, right? Yes, I know what that means... I will be laying down until this baby comes. Just what I hoped for!!!... ok, not really.
As I spent the day laying in the hospital I was thinking about having to depend on other people to do things for me & it slowly was bringing me down. I talked with my sister Kelli yesterday who reminded me that I needed to give other people the opportunity to serve me. I know it sounds nice, but it still stresses me out. (understatement of the year!!!)
So... I'm actually feeling, ok... ok, maybe I'm feeling like this baby could come any second, seriously. Maybe it's the laying around that is making me feel this way.
So when I went into the hospital they asked me how far along I was & I said 36 weeks. Then they told me that according to my dr. record, I'm only 34 weeks. What? Are you sure? Yes, she has my due date as September 3rd. Um... I don't think so!!! So... apparently I though I was 2 weeks further along than I really was. BUT! My dr. did order an ultrasound before I was discharged, to check fluid levels & baby's growth. When the tech was doing the ultrasound, she told me the baby weighed a little over 6 lbs. Seriously? & I'm supposedly only 34 weeks? I could also see the averages of the growth & it was saying I was 36-37 weeks. She said.. wow, your baby is looking pretty big! & then kept checking her calculations & said, but I'm not off, I know I'm right. Hmmm.... I still think this baby is gonna come alot sooner than my supposed "due date". If I gain a pound a week from now & have a 12 pound baby, I may kill myself!!!!
So I will be spending the next ____ blank days laying around. You may think to yourself.. laying around dosn't sound half bad. If you think this, you've never literally just layed around for an extended period of time. It's not like- Oh, I could do this project & that- it's like- Oh.. I'm laying here... and can only get up to go to the bathroom!
I got home from the hospital last night & I think before I had even got home, my sister JoDee offered to let me lay around her house today & let sam wreak havoc on her house.
Emotional interlude:
I have been blessed with the most amazing family. I could never put into words how blessed I am. I love this picture above! There is no better way to show a true love for others than to give of yourself & your time.. true love.
Today I've been laying at my sister's house while my child plays with hers. She drove me to a dr. appointment, she fed me lunch, & my son isn't crawling all over my stomach. When another of my sisters stopped by she asked if I'd like to lay around her house on Friday.
Yesterday when I layed in the hosptial I was able to pass the time talking with several siblings on the phone, & it didn't seem too bad after all.
This is how you see true kindness & love.. someone gives you their time- to talk, to tell you they hope your ok, to actually serve you. What else could bring you more joy, than when you don't want to burden anyone, they take you & serve you anyways & it dosn't seem like your burdening them at all.
I do know, that after we had Sam, & Sean saw how my family served us, it gave him a greater love for them. Maybe God gives us times that we need to depend on the help of others often enough for us to appreciate His love, & our love for others to grow.
*****
Alrighty... start praying that this baby's debut isn't too far off...
Knox is 6
6 years ago
2 comments:
well said. I wish I was there so you could lay on my couch. : )
let this baby bake a little longer honey to make sure you can bring him home to stay!!
Post a Comment