Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just the beginning...

It was 2 weeks ago today that I came home from work to Sam waiting for me in the window. When I came in the house he had a note for me that said- Will you go with me & Dad to Pennsylvania?- Sean found a way for us to go if we could find some decent plane tickets.
My parents have been serving a mission for the past 2 years in Pennsylvania & my siblings were all going to meet up with them & then end up at a reunion with my Mom's family in Punxsutawney. I've been sadly moping about because I knew we wouldn't be going. I guess Sean must've had enough of my sad faces.. either that or he really loves me :)
It took us a few hours of searching online, but we eventually found some semi-decent tickets. We didn't tell anyone that we were going.
I had a doctors appointment that day & had to get the ok from her to travel. After 3 hours at he office & at the hospital running every test possible, she agreed it was ok for me to travel.
So... I said goodbye to all of my family that weekend & told them to give my parents hugs for us.
Then on Wednesday last week, we got on a flight at midnight.
ps- flying with Sam was an interesting adventure!!!! We thought if we took a late flight that he would sleep through the flights. He slept for about 3 hours, until we got to Atlanta for our 2 hour layover....
then he just wanted to run around the airport & watch the planes. Even when he wanted to snuggle a little... he wouldn't sleep!!!

So he finally fell asleep the last hour of our second flight to Pittsburgh. When we got in, we got our rented car & headed towards Erie PA!! We had to tell my parents that we were coming, by now.. but nobody else knew. My parents had reserved a room at their favorite wings restaraunt & made it at about the same time we would be arriving so we could join everyone. Sam slept alot of the 2 hour car ride.. which if your calculating, means he got about 6ish hours of sleep that night-broken up- compared to the 11ish hours he normally gets. which = not the happiest camper!! For any of us. Cause in case you were wondering.. I did not sleep at all that night! I thought I could sleep a little on the flights, but my giant belly & moving baby within, & crazy baby outside me, all kept me pretty occupied! Oh well.. we all survived. By then, I was so excited to see everyone, I couldn't really fall asleep!!
So when we were just a few minutes away from the restaraunt, I got a call on my cell- from my sister JoDee. She called to say how much they were missing me & that they were all about to get together with Mom & Dad for lunch. I told her we missed her too & hung up.
About 2 minutes later we showed up at the restaraunt. JoDee was walking by when we walked in & just laughed & ran up to hug us. Her family was the only one there so far, so we waited for everyone to show up. over the next few minutes we were reunited with my parents that I hadn't seen in almost 2 years & all the sibs (minus Tammie who couldn't make it from Lousianna :( ) It was so awesome to all be together & for my parents to finally meet Sammy!! They left a month before he was born. So now you can enjoy some pictures from our lunch adventure...


















in-laws, sisters, parents, children, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles.. all reunited :) What an awesome time!!! & pretty darn good food as well!!!
This was just the beginning.. more PA postst to follow :)


1 comment:

Dana Christensen said...

I'm so glad you got to go! You married a good one! :)