Monday, May 11, 2009

We love moms :)

Mother we love you!!!!! Here is me as an extremely cute baby with my beautiful mother. Dosn't she look happy, even though I was her 7th daughter? You'd think she might have been a little discouraged that she didnt' yet have a son...so I think she was pretty happy under the circumstance!
just kidding... I mean, look at me! I was adorable! I never really knew what an amazing mom I had until I had a baby of my own, & realized my mom did that 8 times and she did alot of it without her mom around. I was lucky enough to have been blessed with basically 7 moms. My mom raised 6 girls ahead of me & so its like I have 7 moms. 7 amazing women to turn to for advise & help whenever I need them. I thank God every day for a mother who raised such amazing children & who as I'm typing is serving the Lord because she has so much love to give. I could never really express how much love I have for her... & I know I've never even remotely been able to show it to her.


Saturday night Sean & I were able to go on an actual date without a baby thanx to my amazing sister Nancie who played with Sam while Sean & I spent some time together. I got some new shirts & went to my favorite restaurant the Cheesecake Factory. mMMM!!!!

Then yesterday was nice. Sean woke up with Sam Saturday night so I could sleep in (wonderful present!!!) & I woke up & just vegged around the house & ate a nice bowl of Pops. Then Sean & Sam both gave me a mothers day card...

Sean's mom gave me a little plate that says "Home is where your mom is" & a card too. The card Sam gave to me had Michael Scott from the office with a talking quote about how kids are easy to raise cause you just give them pizza & candy... it was funny :)
Then I had some meetings in the morning & we didn't want to come back home so we hung out at the church for an hour til church started & then were at church til 4.
While we were waiting at church I took some pictures of the reason I'm a mom...





















that kid is tooooo cute!!!!!!
It's a good thing he's cute- cause he decided to treat me like an official mom by not sitting through any of the meetings without fussing. I didn't even get to hear the young womens lesson.


After church we came home & changed & got our stuff together to go to Sean's mom's house. She makes the most amazing homemade spaghetti sauce & meatballs & invited us all to enjoy them with her. So we spent the night visiting with his siblings & mom

Here's Uncle Ben with Sam


I now know that Sam will LOVE his birthday & Christmas cause after I opened the present Sean's mom gave me he played with the tissue & wrapping paper for a good 10 minutes!
Against Sean's wishes I let Sam continue in my tradition of keeping the bow from my package in my hair :)



Here's Sean with his mom & Sammy with his grandma



she was tickling his foot

Sean's sister was there too with her little 4 week baby. Here's Sean & Sammy & Tiffany & David
Sam thought David was very interesting & stared at him when he cried

Uncle Caio loves being a new dad & I know he can't wait til his baby is big enough to do fun stuff with...





Sean's Aunt Elaine & cousin Elyse are here visiting for a few days & Sam thinks that Elys tastes really great apparently!



The only thing that would have made yesterday better.. ok 2 thing... my mom here & me getting a massage. That would have been perfection!
However... I did have a Mother's Day miracle yesterday! I didn't gain ANY weight from the weekend!!! Yay!!!!











4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I love the picture with the bow. It makes me think how cute your girls will be...that is if you can break the single gender curse!

kellibattraw said...

I'm glad you had a great day. : ) Being a mom is great, isn't it?!

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Your baby is always so happy and you are such a cute mom. My favorite picture is the one with the ribbon in Sam's hair.

Wendi said...

well at least we know what a baby girl Johnson will look like - ha ha. Sam the man is so freaking cute as always! AND it's about time you got the johnny jumper out- I told you he would LOVE it!
Wendi