This last weekend we were away in California. Sean's mom came & watered the garden for us one day & we unfortunately have a black dog. Well, I guess its not unortunate that he's black, but maybe that he is outside in Arizona in the summer. After the plots were watered he weaseled his way back & tried to cool off by rolling repeadedtly in the corn.... & pretty much flattened a good portion of it.
So if you've been following my garden sagas you know that our middle plot is a "mystery" garden & that we didnt' know what was there. Even after we got fruit off some of the plants I was still at a loss. Take this for example-
After it grew to a ridiculous size, we cut it open to find it was -I'm pretty sure- spaghetti squash & definitely way too seedy when it gets that size.
There are 3 watermelon that I can see
There are 3 watermelon that I can see
11 comments:
I will take any squash or tomatoes off your hands!
looks awesome. Love harvest season.
Melissa do you like cherry tomatoes?
Watermelon, yum!!! I hear your pain. Our big fat stinky dog has ruined every attempt we've ever made at a garden. But we keep him because we love him. =)
Hey, that wasn't too bad!! Poor dog!! Looks like a good harvest!!
Oh, if only you could send some of that our way with Nancie! I would gladly take any (and all) of it. :) We can't wait until harvest time here!
squash! Yummmmmmmm, send some my way please!
That is crazy. I am so impressed with your garden surprises, they look yummy.
Amazing! Good for you. I need to get my garden planted this week. You deserve to Brag getting all that grown in HOT AZ!
Kaaryn finds that, even if Mojo can't tell what he did wrong, a sound beating at least makes her feel better. You might try it some time.
It looks delicious! Sorry for your loss of corn. Jon was so disappointed that we lost our tomato plant in the wind the other day. It cracked right in two.
Post a Comment