Doesn't it always seem so unreal that Christmas is actually here??!!! I always feel sad as the day starts to wind down & I realize that the general kindness that people show to strangers for no reason around this time will soon be ending.
Christmas morning I woke up at about 5:30 to feed Sam. We wanted to open presents after he was fed & changed & happy so he's be awake. So Sean turned on UPN's yule log & I came out to this scene... Thats right my friends... a guitar :)!! I told Sean a few months ago that I'd like to learn how to play cause I think it would be great!!! I'm so excited to learn. I'm on page 30 of the first teach yourself book & have 4 strings under my belt... as much as a beginner can in a day anyways... I did play Jingle Bells & a bicycle built for two :)
Here is Sam, looking slightly confused at the excitement of it all!
Here is Sam contemplating his first taste of apple juice-
stinkin cute :)
Opening presents...
I wrapped a bone for Red & put it under the tree. It was pretty crowded with the tree, our couches, & 5 bodies opening presents, so Sean told Red to go to his bed. When he called him over to give him his bone he just kept peeking around the couch. I thought it was pretty funny.
Caio got a mountain bike from Santa. He LOVED it!! & everyone loved seeing him happy. He didn't' get it til all the presents were open & we said we were going to eat breakfast.. sneaky :)
Sam sat in his swing on the table while we all had hot chocolate & english muffins. He just smiled & laughed for a good half an hour after the presents were open. He was so happy :)
Merry Christmas :)
After we ate breakfast we went over to watch Sean's siblings open presents....
Julia & Sam
video games!
Sean's brother gave Sean & Sam matching flashlights with their names on it.
Grandma Johnson with Sammy.
By the time the afternoon hit... we were TIRED!! We went over to the Dillards to visit with my family, but ended up having to go after about an hour cause I was sooo tired!!! I did get a good look at Katie's new Disney princess barbies though... she got a set of 7or so!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day! Babies are so fun. My girls really got into it this year and it was so fun to watch!
Sammy's first Christmas was a good one. Its so much more fun with kids, dont you agree?
Post a Comment