Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lesson learned

Well- It's been exactly 1 week since we came home with our cute little baby. This first picture is my arm, even after a week of healing- I was poked so many times in the hospital!! My arm has been one gigantic bruise!! My favorite time a lab tech took blood from me was when she just couldn't find a vein & claimed taking blood right from the center of my huge, fresh, bruise was the only way. I just bit my tongue & looked the other way.

So in the past week I can definitely say I've learned a few things... 1. baby's poop way more than I ever though possible. 2. Just because they've already pooped & peed, dosn't mean they will not do it more once the diaper is off. 3. & most important lesson I've learned this week- I don't need an alarm clock to help me feed the baby, he is my alarm clock. I'm sure that pretty much anyone that sees this may end up laughing their head off, but when I was in the hospital they insisted that I feed the baby every 2-3 hours, so it was ingrained in my head that this was necessary. Even at night I have been setting a little alarm so I would wake up & feed him. Last night Sean & I realized that anytime someone found that out, they would laugh for awhile, which led us to believe we may be ok if we just let him tell us when he is hungry. Oh well.. ya live & learn, right?
I thought I'd put a little video on here & even though he isn't doing much, he is still cuter than anything in the world. & maybe with my hands in the picture, you may see how little he really is...

I just wanted to also add as a side note what a great husband I have :) & how much I love Saturdays!!!!! Sean has the day off & so last night he woke up with the baby a few times & let me sleep- God bless that man!!!!!!!!! I don't think I've had that much sleep in 2 weeks!!!!

8 comments:

Wilkerson Family said...

My hat goes off for Sean. I wish that Gabe would sleep through the night...

Michelle said...

my dear, I do not want to discourage you but, Sammy is now the king of the house. Relenquish all control now and you wont be near as frustrated in the future.

kellibattraw said...

Oh he is so tiny and adorable! I just want to hold him! By the way, you know Michelle's right... your world now revolves around him. : )

Brenay Family said...

I have to say, I did chuckle a little when I ready you were setting an alarm to feed him! But, you do live and learn! He is so adorable!

Queenacres said...

He's beautiful! Errr....Handsome!! :)
Love the video!

Susan

Lachelle said...

I may be the only one not laughing about your alarm comment. That's because I also set my watch to go off after 3 hours in case he doesn't wake up before :) Call me crazy!! Your little guy is so cute and awake more than mine seems to be! Isn't it fun to watch them grow and change so quickly? I'm completely amazed. Being a mom is awesome!! Congrats to you and Sean!!!

aniston said...

i just LOVE sammy he is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cute!!!!!!!

Janet said...

Oh, Julia and Sean He is sooooo cute. You two make me laugh!!! It is a wonderful thing having a baby, I liked it so much I tried it 8 times!!
Sister MUM