Saturday, August 9, 2014

Elk river falls

Today we took a break from the house.  I don't think I unpacked a single box today. Ha! Take that house!
Sean heard about a nice day trip, so we took it. It was called elk river & had these awesome little water falls you could hike to. It wasn't anything major, just about a mile & a half all together, but it was perfect to get out & do something besides unpack & clean & organize.  Seneca seriously is growing up so fast. She tries to imitate words back to you when you talk & she is Miss independent, as usual.  She insisted on walking some of the hike too & it was hilarious. She would walk, stumble a little & get mad,so one of us would give her our hand to hold onto. She loved it!! She even tried to escape & take off on her own hike.  Here are some pics from today.




 Sean hiked over further than we could with the kids. They thought it was awesome.
 Seneca thought the boys. Throwing rocks into the water was entertaining & surprising, apparently.
 

 Seneca also thought that fences shouldn't hold her in. I know I'm gonna have trouble with her in the future for sure!!
 






 I'm so glad we have a few weeks to get settled & spend some time together before Sean starts school!! Hopefully we will get lots of visitors this year to show lots of beautiful places to😃

No comments: