Monday, August 13, 2012

Jumpy = happy :)

For Joey's 2nd birthday this past weekend, we got a trampoline for the boys.  I say for the boys.. but it was really for all of us.  I never knew what an awesome present it would be!  Both our families came to help us celebrate Joey's birthday, but Sean's mom & brothers stayed late & we all got on the trampoline with the boys.  We didn't all jump at once, mind you, but we took turns & I noticed something.  You cannot be on a trampoline & be sad.  Everyone was laughing & happy.  It was one of those really great moments when the world slows down.  Tonight for family home evening, we jumped.  Sean propped up the swamp cooler next to the trampoline, so cold air blasted on us & we all took turns jumping with each other.  Go ahead.. try to jump on a trampoline without having a good time.. I dare you!  We got a big one, so the boys could grow into it & I'm so glad I found a way for us to enjoy smiling together while the world slows down, just for a second or two :)

1 comment:

kellibattraw said...

Really sweet :)