Friday, April 27, 2012

joocs

Alrighty, maybe I'm still not as great at keeping up here as I'd like- but I'm on!!
This year has been my worst for keeping up with my blog.. shameful!
Things are always busy around here, but we've been having fun too.
The weather has been unbelievable lately, so the boys pretty spend each waking second they can outside playing with cars & playing with cars, & oh yeah, playing with more cars.


 Joey is still eating everything in sight.. well, anything with sugar associated!

 For some reason, the boys LOVE playing on the car dolly that is out in the backyard.  Sean moved it to the other side of the yard a day or so ago, & now they play over there, putting their cars on it, climbing on it, whatever they could possibly do on it.

The boys also love to help Sean water the plants.  Sam is always telling me the plants need a drink.  The only down side to this is that Sam feels like he can turn the hose on whenever he wants now, & I have to give more baths from muddy puddle jumping than I would like.

Sean had to take a picture of our baby who, even though it was on the top of the garbage pile, felt that this box of empty chocolates was important enough to try & get into.  awesome.


we celebrated David's 3rd birthday with him earlier this month.  It was a Where the Wild Things Are party & the boys had a monster rumpus & got fun masks to play around in.


we bought a motor home & although I don't have any picture of the inside just yet.. I have several of Sean working on the insides of it :)  We will soon make our maiden voyage. 
 last but not least... my boys, intoxicated by the addicting Peppa Pig.  What is up with this show that my kids just cannot resist?!  I put it on.. the rest of the world is dead to them.
alright- enough of the random pictures. The real reason I wanted to write was because Joey keeps doing more & more to make him less & less a baby!!
He is trying to talk more & yesterday he actually said- " thats not a tree mom". It's a good thing Sean was sitting right there because nobody would have believed it!!  He says- mamma, dada, car, stuck, milk, tree, nine ( every number or letter to him), grandma, yes, no, please, shoes, socks, peppa pig, bath... just to name a few.  He is really trying hard to put sentences together now, even though they sound muddled & me & Sean may be the only ones who understand him.  He is so much more cautious than Sam, it's crazy how different they are.  He LOVES to play with cars- as does every little boy & LOVES to be outside!!! He tows behind Sam & copies just about everything he does.  But Joey can play by himself & be quiet & still.. not words that are closely associated with Sam.
I'm working on letters with Sam to get ready for preschool.  He recognized some letters, but less than more.  Today we worked on spelling his name by himself.  I think he might be a little behind on his letters than some kids his age, but he will have 2 years of preschool still because of the way his birthday falls, so I'm not all too worried. He picks things up so quickly, his mamma just needs to get on the ball about working with him more!!!  He always surprises me- when we are out, he will point out letters or numbers & he is always right, so I know he knows more than he lets on when I try to work with him.  The other day he told me dinner was disgusting- great.  then the next day he came in when I was doing dishes & was trying to tell me something that had just happened.  He started getting frustrated & finally said- mom!  please stop doing the dishes and listen to me!  I almost laughed, but realized his attention was more important than the dishes. So I stopped & kneel ed down to listen.  He says such grown up things now, it's hard for me to believe it sometimes.
 You know, its funny.  When I started having kids I became a mom.  But it really, embarrassingly enough, hasn't been til just recently that I feel like I'm learning what it means to be a homemaker.  Life is hard, you have to roll with the punches, but you really need to be organized & work really hard to make it all work.  I love my life more than I could say, regardless of how overwhelmed I feel one minute- when the next minute brings me happiness  & peace that I couldn't imagine, it all makes it worth it :)
.

No comments: