Today was our little Joey's blessing day. He truly is an amazing blessing in our lives!!!
Yesterday we were running around like mad people, running errands & trying to get ready for today. Sam & Joey were all tuckered out by the end of the day & when I checked on the boys, Sam was all snuggled up to Joey.. he sure loves his little brother!!!
Our church meets at 8:30, so we had to get up & get going early. Sean had smoked some pork for a luncheon we had afterwards, so he was up late & then early working on making sure it came out great. Joe ate at 10pm & then fell asleep.. & didn't wake up til 5:30!!!! I couldn't believe it! I'm praying for a repeat tonight! Unfortunately, I didnt' get to bed til after 1, so by the time I was done feeding him, it was time to get things ready for this morning, & I only got a half an hour more sleep :(
Here is little Joe as we were leaving.
He was blessed in the same outfit Sam was ( and the same outfit that several of his cousins were). As a matter of fact, his aunt Wendi didn't even realize I never gave it back to her after Sammy's blessing & held on to it because I knew we'd need it again. Thanx Wend, for unknowingly letting me use it again :)
My parents, Sammy, me & Joe after the blessing
Mom, Dad & sleep Joe :)

Sean's grandpa was able to take part in the blessing, so Joey's great Grandpa got to lay his hands on his head, so special!!-
the Johnson's at home after the blessing

proud mama & her little Joey bear

We were lucky to have our friends the Palmers join us for the day!! Thanks for making the trip guys :)

We had an awesome luncheon after church at our house. Sean smoked a whole pork shoulder & did a really awesome job!!! We are lucky enough to have such an amazing family that all brought some good food to share & we had a nice little smorgasbord. Thanx to everyone for all the yummy food! We ALL loved it :)
My parents, Sammy, me & Joe after the blessing
Sean's grandpa was able to take part in the blessing, so Joey's great Grandpa got to lay his hands on his head, so special!!-
the Johnson's at home after the blessing
proud mama & her little Joey bear
We were lucky to have our friends the Palmers join us for the day!! Thanks for making the trip guys :)
We had an awesome luncheon after church at our house. Sean smoked a whole pork shoulder & did a really awesome job!!! We are lucky enough to have such an amazing family that all brought some good food to share & we had a nice little smorgasbord. Thanx to everyone for all the yummy food! We ALL loved it :)
Sean & my dad in deep bbq thoughts ...

4 generations of Johnsons...

the Ayala girlies & Joey

gangsta Garrison & Des

triple Lindblom threat...man those girls are beautiful!!!
4 generations of Johnsons...
the Ayala girlies & Joey
gangsta Garrison & Des
triple Lindblom threat...man those girls are beautiful!!!
4 comments:
It was an awesome day Julia! Joey is such a sweet little baby!
Blessing days are always so special! Glad you guys had a good day!
I hate that I miss out on all the special days. : ( I'm glad it went well.
is my head attached to anything in that photo?????
Great day..Great meal...gorgeous family. Good job Julia
Post a Comment