Monday, June 14, 2010

New Beginnings

this week is a new week!!!!
last week I ended up working 4 days.. which is really good, cause my office is taking this week off, so now I made up for the days I missed. BUT!! working 4 days in a row, when your used to 2, is exhausting!!!
However, if yesterday is any implication as to how this week will be, I'm not too excited. Yesterday morning I thought, I will be early to church today.. I WILL be early to church today. I was ready early, Sammy was bathed, everything almost in place. & then a few minutes before church started, I heard a crash followed by Sammy crying. I ran in to find the bird cage on top of Sam. Sam & Petey were both a little traumatized, but that didn't stop Sammy's parents from getting VERY angry, because he is daily told (several times) to not touch, shake, or climb on Petey's cage. Sean's first words to a crying child... do you see what happens when you don't listen? Classic parental advice. Sam spent some time on his bed (complete torture) & Sean & I spent the next 20-30 minutes cleaning up the mess.
Fast forward an hour & a half. I just finished leading the music in Jr. Primary & have been bouncing between the window in the nursery to make sure Sam isn't freaking out & the primary room. I finally sit down to listen to sharing time when one of the kids nearby gets sick.. all over himself, & then kid next to him. I jumped up & ran to get some paper towels to help clean up. As I run back into the room & get even remotely close to this mess, I feel like I'm gonna be sick if I get any closer. I slowly back away & then spend the next 1/2 hour walking around outside & the other side of the building, trying not to dry heave as I think of the smell.
End bad things for the day. After church I played hostess ( which I love to do) & Sean's family, including his awesome aunt & cousin, joined us for a little birthday celebration for his sister. We had carne asada tacos, homemade guacamole & pico, fried squash & fried green tomatoes, & I tried out a new sopapilla recipe that we stuffed with honey & ice cream.. delish :)
Now I just have to concentrate on packing & figuring out why Sam is so whiney today.. both of which I'm not really looking forward to-

2 comments:

Jo Dee said...

sounds like an exciting day at the JOhnsons!

Janet said...

Boy could I relate to the "dry heaves" thing. When I was pg with Wendi it was about 7 months of that!! Good thing you didn't go any closer to the incident!