Last night Sean & I took my nephews Desmond & Max out with us to cook out in the desert & ride the quad. We went to Bulldog Canyon way out east & north by the river & took the dogs so they could run around like crazy. We had a blast! & what trip would have been complete without Sean getting stuck somewhere? Ok, it was very minor, but I think it made the boys feel good to be able to help him out.
Here is Des & Alex hanging out by the truck getting ready to go.
and Max looking very pensive
I put the boys on fire making duty immedietly upon arrival, but ended up taking on the wood finding part myself for quite some time.
I'm sorry... but who dosn't love the shots I take with my arm stretched out?!?
Here is Sean giving Alex a little love. She tends to think if you pet her that that is the green light to jump up into your lap & receive a full dose of love. She is a lover... not a fighter!

Now the real action begins... the quad riding lessons. Des & Max had never been on a quad before, so I think Sean really enjoyed giving lessons, although it just looks like he is passing gas on Des right here, he is actually demonstrating the starting of the fine vehicle. Notice the look of excitement on Desmonds face.

Now, here is poor Max. If you notice, he has a brace on one wrist. I'm not sure how he did it, but before he came with us, slightly injured himself. As a result, his mother forbade him to ride the quad for fear of further injury. He was all set on riding it anyway until I reminded him how he has severe problems lying to his mother, who would most likely drill him about whether or not he really did ride it. So he just decided to do a photo shoot on it for awhile. Here is what he would have looked like after his first ride....

Here is Max & Des together.. sitting around the campfire being amazed at Sean's old camping stories.

and of course, our favorite camp cook (besides my own dad) Sean with his amazing steak grilling capabilities. Only his & Max's steaks were slightly burnt... mine was fantastic :)

Here is Max confusing the quad with a surfboard. Or imitating Hot Rod.

And this is Desmonds, post-ride picture. It took him a few tries & I think I gathered a whole new set of fire wood in the meantime... but he learned the art of riding the quad. We weren't sure if he was actually shifting out of first gear, but he claims he was. He then proceeded to brag to Max about the serious rush he was missing out on... what cousing wouldn't ?

ok, now the fire smoke is getting a little out of hand! Max was attempting a superman stunt here with Des holding his feet, so if you look hard enough you might see him amidst the smoke.

These steaks are fantastic!

and of course, the awesome people who brought this night all together!

All in all... fantastic fun :) Sean & I used to do stuff like this all the time when we were dating & now we are just old folgies who go to work, come home, & sleep & then just go back to work. Darn us! I'm trying to shake it up a little, cause I think I'm the culprit of the whole "routine" thing. Hope you enjoyed our night out of the city!
7 comments:
Okay seriously, you guys will forever be the funnest and favorite aunt and uncle! You guys are so fun to do things with those boys and good for you reminding Max that lying to his mom is NEVER a good idea. :)
You guys are so much fun! I'm not sure the boys really know how lucky they are...
Max was almost busted....
You are the parents my kids wish they had! You are always doing such fun outdoorsy stuff! Whenever we get to live in AZ, you have to let us tag along occasionally! :)
What a fun Aunt and Uncle! Hey! Sorry I haven't commented in forever. Work is crazy, and when I get home... well, I understand you work full time, too, so I guess my excuse doesn't fly here. :) But anyway. Yeah, I saw your sister at the office. I think it was a few months ago, but yeah. I can't really remember her last name--was it Alaya or something like that? Anyway, yeah. She looked exactly like you! And I just had to ask. How funny that you were actually sisters!
That looks like a blast! I can't wait until it warms up here in Idaho for more outdoor fun! You guys are so FUN.
That looks like a blast! I can't wait until it warms up here in Idaho for more outdoor fun! You guys are so FUN.
Post a Comment